AESTHETIX CALYPSO ECLIPSE LINESTAGE
Shipping : FREE in Canada
Please Contact Us To Order. Thank you.
First phase: Internal changes to the Calypso start with .22uF / 600v Stealth coupling capacitors used between the gain stage and output stage. Four total of these exotic capacitors are used.
- Fully balanced differential circuitry with ability to internally balance a single ended input signal.
- Zero feedback.
- Discrete switched resistor volume control with 88 1dB steps.
- All tube amplification and output (4 tubes total).
- Two sets of XLR and two sets of RCA outputs per channel.
- Bypass mode for home theatre processor throughput.
- Absolute phase, selectable via front panel or remote control.
- Full function remote included.
- Available in black or silver faceplate.
There are four 2uF / 400v coupling capacitors used in each channel of the output stage of the Calypso. In the Eclipse version, these are replaced with Stealth copper foil 4uF/400v, improving low frequency response.
Second phase: High frequency tuning capacitors are installed and hand-adjusted to tailor the frequency response to a tight .1dB standard (as also found on our Signature version).
Third phase: The high voltage transformer, heater transformer and high voltage choke are all re-installed on isolation mounts. Harmonic Resolutions Systems' Nimbus Couplers specially made for Aesthetix replace the four rubber feet of standard units (as also found on our Signature version). The new power supply is installed with enhanced ventilation. Additional damping material is added to key chassis points.
Fourth phase: A single point ground system is used to ground the transformer cases as they are no longer electrically grounded to the chassis via physical contact due to their isolation mounts. All Eclipse Rhea, Calypso and Janus units receive a new power supply, which has been refined by improved trace routing to further reduce extraneous noise.
- Inputs: 5 line RCA or XLR (balanced), plus 1 tape, RCA or XLR
- Outputs: 2 RCA (SE) and XLR (balanced), 1 tape RCA
- Line level gain: 23 dB single ended (SE), in/out, and 29 dB balanced/out
- Volume control: switched resistor network volume control with 88 1 dB steps
- Front panel controls: main input, tape input select, volume, balance, phase, mute, display, and bypass
- Remote controls: main input, tape input select, volume, balance, phase, mute, display, bypass and standby
- Frequency response: +- 0.25 dB, 20 Hz - 20 Khz
- Signal to noise: measured at 70 dB minimum, A-weighted (ref 1 mv input, 75 dB gain setting)
- Line input impedance: 40 k ohms SE, 80 k ohms balanced
- Maximum line input: 3.5 volts SE, 7.0 volts RMS balanced
- Output impedance: 1K ohms SE, 600 ohms balanced
- Recommended amplifier load: 10K ohms or greater (SE), 20K ohms or greater (Balanced)
- Tubes, each channel: (line section) V1 (12AX7 or equivalent), V2 (6922/6DJ8)
- Power consumption: 20 watts standby, 60 watts active
- Physical dimensions: 4 3/8" high, 17 7/8" wide, 18" deep including jacks
- Shipping weight: 40 lbs.
CALYPSO TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS
Calypso Owner's Manual
Calypso Vacuum Tube Placement Calypso Internal Gain Adjustment