Cardas Clear Cygnus Interconnect
Shipping : FREE in Canada
Clear Cygnus Interconnect benefits greatly from the latest developments in the Clear product line, including a more economical version of Clear Beyond Interconnect’s air-tube suspension.
Cygnus Interconnect replaces and improves upon Clear Light and brings added performance to the table without adding much to the price. Cygnus is more detailed, but also slightly richer with better low frequency performance.
Of course, Cygnus employs Matched Propagation Conductors, modeled after those of it’s “big brother”, Clear Interconnect. These conductors also feature Cross-field layer geometry, a Cardas design principle dating to classic Cardas cables, such as Hexlink and Golden Cross. The conductors are insulated in a double layered PTFE tape wrapped bundle.
It’s geometry is a star-quad 4 conductor core with anti-static LDPE air-tubes bound with carbon impregnated PTFE tape wrap. The outer layer uses PTFE air-tubes scaled 1.618 times larger than the core tubes to suspend the composite shield of tinned copper and magnet wire away from the signal conductors. Cygnus is finished in an ultra soft extruded TPR jacket.
Clear Cygnus performs well in any system at any length, in both single ended and balanced configurations. If you want Cardas musicality but with a neutral tonal balance, look no further.
Clear Cygnus Interconnect is terminated with Cardas GRMO RCA connectors or Neutrik XLR plugs. Finished in an ultra soft extruded TPR jacket. CG-XLR plugs are available as an upgrade.
Features & Specifications:
- Matched Propagation Kevlar core
- Cardas Grade One 99.9999% pure OFHC copper with SPN clear coat (Litz)
- Gauge sizes scaled to Golden Ratio proportions
- Cross-field layer geometry
- Insulated in double-layered PTFE tape-wrapped jacket
- Star-Quad four conductor
- Anti-static LDPE air-tubes bound with carbon-impregnated PTFE tape wrap
- Outer layer uses PTFE air tubes scaled to 1.618 larger than the core tubes to suspend the composite shield of tinned copper and magnet wire away from the signal conductors.